Looking for ideas of what to do this weekend?? Check out this list of events. There are music festivals, food events, sports, markets, and street parties! There is no excuse to stay home!
If you want to receive information about events in Ottawa directly to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter of events (orange square below).
1. Latin Sparks Festival.
Canada’s largest Latin dance party was born in Ottawa in 2012 as a small gathering on Sparks Street and then became a huge party. Live music, DJs, dancing performances by Brazilian artists, workshops on Salsa and Bachata for beginners, and great food such as tacos, empanadas, tamales, paella, and churros! Children 12 and under can accompany their parents for free. Tickets are 49.99 dollars. Sept 10 from 3pm to 11pm at LeBreton Flats.
2. Ottawa Comiccon.
Would you like to meet your favourite Comic character? This is a pop-culture fan convention that features artists and products from en⁹: Sci-fi, Horror, Anime, Gaming, and, of course, bande dessinée and comic books. Sept 9-11 at EY Centre. PAID.
Check out: ottawacomiccon.com
Food, music, fashion, activities for children, arts and crafts, live performances from local and international talent, a marketplace, and much more. At Mooney’s Bay Park. September 10-11. FREE but you have to book a ticket.
Check out: afrofestivalottawa.ca
4. New Edinburg Streetfest.
Art, dance, and music to celebrate New Edinburgh’s heritage. PM’s wife Sophie Gregoire Trudeau will participate at the opening ceremony on Sept 10 at 10am at 39 Dufferin Street. Tickets are 30 dollars. This event is raising funds for the Inuuqatigiit Centre for Inuit Children, Youth and Families in Vanier. 10am-4pm.
Check out: https:///event/new-edinburgh-streetfest/
5. International Forest Bathing Day.
Join a forest therapy guide and attend a forest bathing walk in Ottawa. When: Sept 10 throughout the day.
Check out guides and walks here: https://wildrootsnatureandforestschool.com
6. Open NCC.
Learn about the work of the NCC throughout the National Capital region. NCC experts will host walking and cycling tours and presentations in many venues like the Gatineau Park, Mer Bleue Bog, Pinhey Sand Dunes, and others. Sept 10. FREE.
Check out: https:///events/open-ncc
7. City Folk.
A multi-day festival that features an eclectic mix of musical shows. Where: At the great lawn, Lansdowne Park. September 8 to 10, and Sept 15 to 17. Tickets from 77 dollars.
Check out: cityfolkfestival.com
8. Redblacks vs Argonauts.
The Ottawa CFL team, the Redblacks, face the Toronto Argonauts on Sept 10 at 2pm. Where: TD Place. Check out: tdplace.ca
9. Cantley en fête.
Magicians, trapeze workshops, mobile escape rooms, inflatable structures, exhibition of craftsmen, food concessions and much more! Where: 8, Chemin River, Cantley in Gatineau. September 10, from 10am to 4pm. FREE admission.
10. Riverside Festival.
Last electronic music festival of the summer! September 9-11. Starts Friday 9th at 5pm. At Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau. Tickets from 79 dollars.
Check out: riversidefestival.ca
11. Beechfest. Annual Sreeet Party. Food vendors, music, buskers, drag show, arts and crafts, and more. Sept 10, 3pm-9pm. Where: 140 Beechwood Avenue. FREE.
12. Ottawa Kosher BBQ Cook-Off and Festival. BBQ competition, cooking demonstrations, live music, kids zone and more. Sept 11, from 10am to 9pm. At Ottawa Torah Centre. Address: 111 Lamplighters Dr.
13. Mamboleo FC Charity Tournament in honour of teammate Omer Gulder who passed away. Proceeds will go toward helping immigrants in Ottawa as well as their international charity in Mathare, Kenya. Food trucks, vendors and live music. Sept 10, 11am to 6pm. At RA Centre Turf Fields, 2451 Riverside Drive.
14. Horizonfest. A one-day music festival on September 10 at Strathcona Park. Sandy Hill. Food and drink vendors, local artists, kid zone. Check out: horizonottawa.ca
15. Fly Market Curated Vintage & Streetwear Shoppping Event. Sept 10, 11am to 5pm. Address: 581 Bank Street. 20 vendors. FREE.
16. Sugar and Spice Pop Up. Fall themed market. Sept 10-11. From 10am to 4pm. FREE. Address: 455 Churchill Ave N. Westboro.
Have an awesome weekend!!